Sinus Post-Operative Instructions
- Do not blow your nose, just wipe if you need to clean your nose.
- Do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco.
- Do not drink liquids through a straw.
- Do not lift or pull on lip to look at sutures, it may pull the stitches out.
- If you must sneeze, do so with your mouth open to avoid any unnecessary pressure on the sinus area or nasal area. Do not close off your nostrils.
- Take all medications as directed.
- If you’ve had a graft placed you may be aware of a small amount of white granules in your mouth for the next few days. This is not unusual.
- In some instances a nosebleed may develop up to 2-3 days afterwards. This can be normal and should not cause a great deal of concern. Please let our office know if it is persistent.
Please call our office if:
- You feel granules in your nose
- Your medications do not relieve your discomfort or you have had a reaction to any medications.
If you have any problems or concerns, Dr. Lippisch or Dr. Engebretsen is available by beeper 24 hours a day, and can be reached by calling our office number William E. Lippisch, D.M.D,, Shawn T. Engebretsen, D.M.D, and christopher S. Kuhns, D.M.D. Phone Number (772) 223-0600. Leaving a message including your name and phone number.